- Adopt a writing style that meets the expectations of the reader
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Show a positive and professional image
Who Can Benefit?
- Those who have to write emails, letters, memos, minutes, reports, proposals or other business correspondence as part of their job and they would like to improve their writing skills.
- Those who need to know how to improve their writing skills and how to achieve the right result from their written correspondence.
- Communication: An Overview
- General writing concepts
- Introduction that invite reader interest
- Formats and styles for letters, memos, e-mails and reports
- Errors that rob the writing style of its professionalism
- Choosing the appropriate tone and manner
- What does it mean to write effectively?
- Good writing, vs. effective writing
- The 12 Cs of effective writing
- Organizing ideas into effective formats
- Uses & Benefits of Diagrams in Report Preparation
- Use of influence diagrams to show cause & effect
- Use of system diagrams to evaluate processes
- Use of bar charts for project planning
- Use of network analysis for complex projects
- Use of flow charts for process improvements
- Use of methods study to analyze tasks
- Use of statistical techniques to assess priorities
- Use of histograms to demonstrate data